The village of Parishev is a large, officially non-residential village on the left bank of Pripyat on the territory of the Chernobyl exclusion zone. In the past, it was the center of the Paryshevsky village council, to which also belonged the village of Koshovka. In the village, there worked an eight-year school, a club, a library, a medical assistant’s point. Archaeological excavations on the outskirts of Paryshev were found remnants of settlements of the Bronze and Neolithic times. The population before the Chernobyl nuclear power plant accident was 1046 people. Since the village was located in a relatively clean area of the Exclusion Zone, a significant part of the inhabitants returned after evacuation to their homes. Currently, only a few old people live there. The village also has a base of the state enterprise “Chernobylskaya Pushcha” and a park of fire equipment. In the garage, there are reconnaissance patrol vehicle BRDM-1, tracker BAT-2, caterpillar fire engine GPM-54 and fire truck ZIL.
Evacuated on May 3, 1986.
AVAILABILITY: Available in multi-day and individual trips.